JOBS & CAREERS
Kitchen Porter Position
We are seeking a Kitchen Porter to join our team at the Fox & Hounds. This position is offered on a part time or shift basis and may be suitable for more than one candidate.
Working in a busy commercial kitchen you will be responsible for washing, drying and restacking kitchen and service wares and assisting with general kitchen functions. For candidates who are interested, there may be opportunities to assist with food preparation and presentation and/or Front of House activities.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have good interpersonal skills and be good at working in a team
- Be adaptable and able to handle the pressures of working in a commercial kitchen
- Be willing to learn and follow directions of managers
- Understand and follow best practices for food safety and health and safety policies
Primary duties will include, but not limited to:
- To operate commercial cleaning equipment
- To wash, dry and put away all pots, crockery, utensils and other items used in the preparation and service of food and drink prepared and served at the hotel and restaurant
- To keep floors walls and surfaces clean in non-prep areas of the kitchen or as directed by senior kitchen staff
- To assist with food and beverage related deliveries, as directed
- To dispose of food waste, bins and recycling as directed
- To help keep store areas clean and well organised
The KP role may also be expanded to include elements of front of house and back of house activities including the clearing tables, food preparation, and food presentation, subject to the needs of the business and the candidate’s availability and desire to learn new skills.
Training will be provided and for any aspect of the job in which the candidate has limited experience. While this is an entry-level position, there is plenty of room for learning and growth. As such it is suitable both for candidates considering a career in hospitality who want to progress, but equally for candidates who are simply looking for shift work in a friendly and supportive environment.
Compensation is commensurate with experience and we happy to discuss options and opportunities to fit the goals of different candidates. The Fox and Hounds Country Hotel is an equal opportunities employer who place a high value on their staff, recognise the benefits of a good work-life balance and promote a safe and respectful workplace.