JOBS & CAREERS
Chef de Partie/Commis Chef
Chef de Partie/Commis Chef Position
We have a vacancy for one or two energetic Chef de Partie/ Commis chefs to join our talented team. The Chef de Partie will be able to participate in menu decisions, the trialling of new dishes and training on new techniques in our large airy and well equipped kitchen.
These are full time permanent positions which may be job shared and will include both daytime and evening shifts.
Reporting to the Head Chef and Sous Chef, the successful candidate will be talented and creative with a passion for culinary excellence and a desire to learn new skills on different sections.
- Preparing, cooking and presenting high quality dishes within the speciality section
- Assisting the Head Chef and Sous Chef in creating menu items, recipes and developing dishes
- Preparing meat and fish
- Assisting with the management of health and safety
- Assisting with the management of food hygiene practices
- Monitoring portion and waste control
- Overseeing the maintenance of kitchen and food safety standards
- Minimum 1 years relevant experience
- Awareness of manual handling techniques
- Awareness of Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations (COSHH) and chemical safety
- Experience of kitchen equipment
- Experience of dangerous equipment such as knives
- Understandable level of English spoken and written
Desirable and useful but not necessary qualifications include:
- Level 2 Health and Safety in the Workplace Award
- Level 3 Food Safety Awards
Compensation is commensurate with experience and we happy to discuss options and opportunities to fit the goals of individual candidates. The Fox and Hounds Country Hotel is an equal opportunities employer who place a high value on their staff, recognise the benefits of a good work-life balance and promote a safe and respectful workplace.